Vaginal Atrophy : Common problem for women during and after menstrual cycles or menopausal. Thinning and inflammation of vaginal walls due to a decline of estrogen. For some ladies, vaginal decay makes intercourse agonizing, as well as prompts troubling urinary indications.
On account of the interconnected idea of the vaginal and urinary side effects of this condition, specialists concur that a more exact term for vaginal decay and its going with indications is “genitourinary disorder of menopause.
By a few evaluations, about portion of postmenopausal ladies encounter GSM, albeit few look for treatment. Numerous ladies leave themselves to the side effects or are humiliated to talk about them with their specialist. This infection is very dangerous for all women’s. Consultant doctor immediately if infection is serious .
Vaginal Atrophy Symptoms
- Itching around the opening and the lower part of the vagina
- Pain or light bleed with intercourse
- Urinary tract infection
- Discomfort with intercourse
- Shortening and tightening of the vaginal course
Drop in estrogen levels takes place
- After menopause
- After surgical removal of both the ovaries
- After pelvic radiation therapy
- After chemotherapy for cancer
- During breast feeding
- No vaginal births
- No sexual activity
- Vaginal infections
- Urinary problems
Test and diagnosis
- Pelvic exam
- Urine test
- Acid balance test : this test involves taking a sample of vaginal fluids
Treatment and drugs
- any medication that is taken for this disease should be taken under the prescription of doctor
- Try using the vaginal moisturizer than lubricant because vaginal moisture restores some moisture to your vaginal area.
- Use a water based lubricant , which don’t contain glycerin because some women may undergo burning and irritation.
Life style modifications and home remedies
- Regular sexual activity , either with or without a partner may help to prevent vaginal atropy.
- Sexual activity prevents blood flow which helps keeping vaginal tissue healthy.