Upper Respiratory Tract Infection : These are the type of the infections in 9 out of 10 people visit’s the doctor. This is the type of the infection which causes the most common illness which results in the absence of the work or missing of the classes.
Upper Respiratory Tract Infection
Upper respiratory tract infection can occur or happen at any time. This mainly occurs during the winter season and in the rainy season. Most of the time the infection may cause due to the various and sometimes are self-limited. This tract infection leads to Asthma in future.
Most common types of symptoms are:
- Nasal discharge
- Running nose
- Sore Throat
- Nasal breathing etc.
Upper respiratory tract infections may be due to
- Tonsils, Pharyngitis: This causes the inflammation of the Pharynx. When this happens, the patent feels different to have food or drink water.
- During this, the person has very soft food which goes easily.
- Sinus, common cold: In this type of infection, the person may suffer from the running nose, blockage of the nose, which leads to insomnia.
- Sinus is a type of a headache, where the person may suffer from the facial pains.
- This causes the inflammation of the upper portion of the larynx. It is a life threatening infection have to consult the doctor.
- It causes serve throat pain, high fever, sons throat and difficulty in swallowing.
- Inflammation of the larynx which causes difficulty in speaking and sore throat and house voice.
- Drugs like Acetaminophen which is called Paracetamol is given for fever. During this infection, the person may suffer from fever.
- Ibuprofen can also be given to the person who is suffering from fever.
- Avoid giving to the children and younger adults.
- Syrups like Benadryl is used to reduce a cough and soreness of throat.
- To know about the best dose of the drugs REFER TO MEDSCAPE.
- Consult the doctor before taking medication.
Get more information about infections and upper and lower respiratory infections, Visit our home page, for more information and home remedies.