Jaundice: Yellowing of eyes, nails, and skin typically represents the physical symptoms of Jaundice. During the onset of the problem, the Majority of the body Fluids turn yellow, which can be fatal.
What is Jaundice?
Jaundice, if not identified during the initial stages, can be life-threatening. Jaundice is identified when the waste material named bilirubin in the blood increases in more than permissible limits.
It is hard to believe that almost 60% of infants born in the United States of America have Jaundice. Although Jaundice can affect any age group, it should be treated as soon as identified.
It is majorly a problem of liver malfunctioning. It is the function of the liver to churn out waste matter from the blood. When there is liver malfunctioning due to any reason, it can result in an excess buildup of bilirubin. When there is an excess amount of bilirubin in the body, it can make the surrounding tissues leak, increasing several disorders.
- Access buildup of bilirubin in the blood.
- Liver enlargement
- Yellow color skin
- White coloured fecal matter
- Dark brown urine
- It can also take place because of anemia. Iron supplements can help in managing the bilirubin level in such a case.
- Antiviral or steroidal medicines in case jaundice that is hepatitis induced.
- A surgical operation may be required if there is some obstruction generating in the body repeatedly.
- It can also occur because of a particular medical reaction, requiring leaving the old treatment and changing the medicines.
How To Treat Jaundice?
If you want to know how to treat Jaundice at home, you should first know how to identify Jaundice. The skin color apart from Nails and eyes become yellow if a person is struck with disease. It would help if you took care in the following ways to cure Jaundice at home.
- Eat a well-balanced diet
- Avoid heavy food
- Avoid ghee, oil, and spices
- Eat protein-rich food
- Consume paneer
- Avoid having milk
- Avoid eating anything yellow in color
- Avoid going out in the sun
- Try to remain in a cold and clean climate
- Keep your surroundings clean and regularly change the bed sheet
- Go for regular checkups
- Monitor bilirubin
- Conduct sgpt test
- Avoid mental and physical stress
- It comes with several other symptoms apart from the yellowing of skin and eyes and nails. There is an accumulation of waste matter in the body.
- it results in a lot of itching and hair fall. Ask your doctor to give you a lotion that helps in easing sore skin.
- The patient might also experience suicidal thoughts, insomnia, constipation, and fatigue as a few more side effects of Jaundice.
- If the problem is not treated for a longer time, it can result in uncontrolled internal bleeding and clotting.
How To Treat Jaundice In A Newborn?
It tends to affect newborns in India and other countries, as well as commonly. To avoid the problem, you must see through the following measures
- Avoid using yellow clothes for infants.
- Massage with natural oil
- Expose the baby to direct sun for at least 20 minutes before 10 a.m. every day. Continue the same for at least 20days straightaway after birth.
To get more information about weight lose and normal infections and diseases. Check our Home Page to get home remedies and life style tips.