High blood pressure in children younger than 10 years old is usually caued by another medical condition. High blood pressure in children can also develop for the same reasons it does in adults, being over weight , eating poor diet and not excising.
Symptoms are not known in children .
High blood pressure depends on underlying conditions like genetics or life style factors or health condition.
- Over weight
- A family history of blood pressure
- Type 2 diabetes
- High cholesterol
- Chronic kidney disease
- Polycystic kidney disease
- Renalaretery stenosis
- Heart problems
- Adernal disorders
- heart attack
- heart failure
- kidney disease
High Blood Pressure In Children Risk Factors
It depends on underlying the health conditions , genetics or life style modification in children.
Tests And Diagnosis
- Urine sample test
- Ultrasound of your children kidneys
Treatments & Drugs
Should be taken under the guidance of the doctor.
- Thiazide diuretics
- Beta blockers like atenolol
- Angiotensin converting enzyme inhibitors like captopril
- ARBs like losartan, candesartan
- Calcium channel blockers like diltiazem
- Rennin inhibitors
Life style changes to treat high blood pressure
- Eating healthier food with low amount of salt
- Losing weight
- Encouraging child to do aerobics, yoga etc
- Managing stress
- Visting doctor reguraly
- Take medications properly.