Dialysis:Kidneys are essential for human survival. The moment they start malfunctioning, all the waste and water starts mixing in the bloodstream instead of being excreted in the form of urine. This eventually causes wastewater to build up in the body leading to severe problems.
Types Of Dialysis
If health experts are unable to cure kidney problems with simple medications, they might prescribe dialysis as a last resort. There are two types of dialysis Kama mainly hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis.
Kidney patients are more prone to infections than normal humans. Fever, itching and a feeling of nausea is the common symptom of it.
- Bone diseases
- High blood pressure
- Fluid overload
- Muscular cramps
What Is Hemodialysis?
Hemodialysis is done at the hospital with the help of a machine that purifies the blood. The most common treatment for kidney patients remains hemodialysis.
What is Peritoneal Dialysis?
Peritoneal dialysis is lining the belly area with peritoneum to filter the blood. This type of dialysis is simple and can be carried anywhere very easily.
What Is A Kidney Transplant?
- Kidney transplant is a procedure in which the existing kidney of the sufferer is removed and replaced from the organ of a healthy patient.
- The kidney can be from someone who has just died or a person who is willing to donate.
- The U.S has a long list of people waiting for deceased Kidneys.
- Everybody can’t get the kidney of a dead person.
- If a person is lucky enough to get a Donor who has a healthy kidney and is willing to donate one, the process of transplantation can be executed Sooner.
What are the medications prescribed to a kidney patient?
- Majority of the people are reluctant to go for kidney transplantation and dialysis treatment.
- The medical management remains the only Resort for such people.
- If they want to have a comfortable living, their doctor must undertake medical management very carefully.
Here are some medications prescribed to the kidney sufferers
- People suffering from kidney diseases simultaneously catch hold of anaemia because of the lacking erythropoietin hormone.
- Medical experts prescribe with injections or medications that can prevent anaemia.
Blood Pressure Medicine
- Blood pressure is the main problem amongst the sufferers of Kidney Disease.
- Fluctuation in the blood pressure can further create damages to the organ.
- As a preventive measure, the health expert prescribes extra phosphorus medicines to manage the blood pressure better.
Medicines to reduce potassium content
- The Kidneys cannot filter the majority of the waste, and it can quickly induce the levels of potassium as well.
- Potassium Binder is a way to get rid of the extra potassium from the body that can otherwise affect the heart and the muscles.
Calcium and Iron supplements
- Having the Right amount of Vitamins Calcium and Iron is very important for kidney patients.
- A doctor might describe them as the first Resort.
To get more information about weight lose and normal infections and diseases. Check our Home Page to get home remedies and life style tips.