Dengue fever is a mosquito borne tropical caused by the dengue fever. Symptoms are seen after 3 to 4 days after the infection. This may include a high grade fever, headache, vomiting, muscle and joint pains, and skin rashes. In some cases it may also develop dengue hemorrhagic fever, resulting ins bleeding, low levels of blood platelets and blood plasma leakage.
What is Dengue Fever?
80% of the People who are affected with dengue fever have only mild symptoms such as an uncomplicated fever. Others have some serve symptoms, in some cases it is a life threading.
Dengue fever the incubation period between exposure and onset ranges from 3 to 14 days but mostly in some cases it last till 3 to 7 days. Symptoms like temperature raises from 104.f to 106.f followed by the body pains, muscle pains , joint pains. For Hair loss please read information about Dandruff and cure with basic information at home remedies.
Symptoms of Dengue Fever
- High grade fever is the mostly seen symptom.
- Joint pains
- Muscle pains
- Cough and cold in children
- Uncontrolled vomiting and loose stools
- Rashes all over the body
- Itching all over the body
- Headache and nausea
- Abdominal pain,
- Slow heart rate
- Swelling of the both the hands and legs
- Decreasing of the platelet count
- Cloting of the blood becomes slow
- Urine infection, In some people, the people only go through fever without any symptoms but there will be a fall of platelet count .
Diagnosis Of Dengue Fever
- Worsening of the abdominal pain
- On going vomiting
- Liver enlargement
- Low platelet count
- Liver enlargement
- Mucous bleeding
- Extreme weakness Investigations are done to exclude other conditions which have the similar symptoms for malaria, typhoid fever, viral hemorrhagic fever, measles and influenza.
- In some cases as-cites may also occur
- Pulse falls leading to heart problems
- Prartial thromboplastin test
- Activated partial thromboplastin time
- Complete urine examination
- Dengue IgG and IgM
Depends on the control of the mosquitoes bite that transmits the virus. Vaccine for dengue virus is presently available only in Indonesia and Philippines.
- There is no specific antiviral drugs for dengue fever.
- General treatment like fluid support to maintain the electrolyte balance.
- Treatment depends on the symptoms.
- Those people who are stable will be given only some antibiotics to kill the infections.
- Intravenous hydration have to be taken for 2 days for the people who re stable.
- But in those who have health problems should have the regular followup.
- Medications like paracetamol to control the fever and asides like ibuprofen and aspirin to avoid bleeding.
- If in cases of fall of the platelets the transfusion of single donor platelet will be done.
- fresh frozen plasma is done to maintain the thermoplastic time.
- During the recovery phase intravenous fluids are disconnected to to prevent the overload of the fluid.
- If the person is in critical state the loop diuretic such as furosemide is used to eliminate the excess of the fluid from the circulation.
- Taking the food properly.
- Having fruits like papaya, kiwi, pomegranate, Apple.
- Keep surroundings clean and neat.
Visit our home page to know all the diseases and home remedies, treatments and their medications.