Dandruff: Sometimes it is difficult to treat. Mild can be treated with shampooing daily. In most stubborn cases often respond to medicated shampoo.
What is Dandruff?
It is an common chronic scalp condition where the skin flakes on your scalp. Although dandruff is not contiguous but rarely serious. It is easy to spot. Now a days diabetes is also a big problem for all the aged people. Know more information and control it by yourself.
The symptoms are white, oily looking flakes of dead skin that dot your hair and shoulder and a possibly itchy , scaly scalp.
Causes of Dandruff
- Dry skin
- Oily skin
- Not shampooing often enough
- Other skin conditions like chronic, inflammatory skin condition.
- A yeast like fungus
- Sensitivity to hair care products
- Being male
- Oily hair and scalp
- Poor diet
- Certain illnesses like Parkinson diseases , seborrhic dermatitis.
Treatments & Drugs
These can almost always be controlled but treatment may take patience and persistence. When regular shampoo fails to control. you may need to experiment until you find one that works on you. If you develop itching, stinging, redness or burning from any product stop using it.
- Shampoo like zinc pyrithione shampoo
- Tar based shampoos
- Shampoo that containing salicyclic acid
- Selenium sulfide shampoo
- Ketoconazole shampoo
- Try using one of the above shampoo daily or every alternative days until your dandruff gets controlled. Then cut back to two or three times a week as needed.
- If one time of shampoo effects a time it loose its effectiveness, try alternating between 2 types of dandruff shampoo
- Make sure that your massaging the scalp and leaving it for five minutes this give the ingredients time to work.
- If you used it perfectly but there still a dusting of on your shoulder talk to your dermatologist.
- In such cases you may need prescription strength shampoo or treatment with a steroid lotion.
Life Style & Home Remedies
In general daily cleansing with a gentle shampoo to reduce the oiliness and skin cell buildup can often help mild dandruff.
- Stress : it actually affect your overall health causing several disease. It can even help to trigger or even worsen existing symptoms.
- Shampoo often
- Cut back on styling products by avoid using hair sprays , styling gels, daily shampooing may help to prevent dandruff.
- Eat a healthy diet like vitamins and food that contains zinc and certain fats may help prevent dandruff.
- Get a little sunlight
Home Remedies Like
- Lemon with hot oil
- Alcoholic beer
- You-gut with lemon
- Tea tree oil
- Apple Neem oil
To get more information for all infections and diseases, Visit our home page and get rid instantly.