Cure Over Bleeding During Periods: If you are having periods so heavy that they seem to be abnormal and unbearable, we have brought a dedicated article to solve your problem.
How To Cure Over Bleeding During Periods?
The menstrual cycle should be normal and painless. Sometimes, heavy bleeding can be because of approaching because of menopause. You should immediately find the reason behind such a bleeding and make sure that proper measures are taken to control the same.
How to Diagnose heavy bleeding?
Your doctor will ask for the medical history related to the menstrual cycle and put questions about the bleeding and non bleeding days. Physical examination might be recommended and following procedures may be undertaken.
- Blood test – menstrual abnormalities can take place because of iron deficiency. A blood test would verify the reason behind heavy bleeding and clotting taking place.
- PAP test – this includes collecting cells from the cervix and then checking them for the infection and inflammation. In case there are cancerous cells found, different treatment is suggested.
- Endometrial biopsy – a sample of tissue from the uterus is examined by the pathologist.
- Ultrasound – sound waves to produce images in the uterus, pelvis and ovaries.
Suggested treatment over bleeding
- Examining the health and medical history
- Expecting A reduction in the periods
- Affecting the condition of your Lifestyle
- Your personal preference or opinion
Medicines for curing over bleeding
- Non steroidal anti inflammatory medicines
Your doctor may suggest pain relieving medicines for managing menstrual cramps. Ibuprofen and naproxen may also be suggested.
- Tranexamic acid
This particular medicine category reduces the excess blood loss taking because of menstrual bleeding. This particular type of medicine is expected to be taken only during the time of bleeding.
- Oral progesterone
Oral progesterone medicines can rectify the imbalance of hormones and can reduce excess bleeding.
- Oral contraceptives
Birth control medicines can create an impact on menstrual cycles. They can also reduce the possibilities of excess bleeding.
Taking medicines that can manage hormonal imbalance is one of the most important steps for stopping excess bleeding. If you have been suffering from anaemia because of excess bleeding, your doctor may suggest a couple of iron supplements.
Surgical procedures to cure excess bleeding
- Dilation and curettage
The health expert dilates the cervix and removes the entire menstrual bleeding with the help of a suction tube. Somehow this technique can result in instant blood loss and anaemia.
- Uterine artery
Women suffering from excess bleeding are given fibroids to shrink the uterus for blocking the artery that supplies blood. During the procedure of urine artery embolization, there is a catheter that passes through the large artery for guiding the uterine arteries.
- Focused ultrasound surgery
Just like artery embolization, focused ultrasound surgery is also a way to stop bleeding caused by shrinking fibroid. This particular method uses ultrasound waves to manage the fibroid tissue without any incisions.
At last, a surgery to remove uterus and cervix is carried out as a permanent solution to end menstrual periods. This particular surgery requires hospitalization and proper look after.
To get more information about health topics, visit our home page and get amazing information.