Menorrhagia (Excessive Menstrual bleeding) : Menorrhagia is a medical term used for abnormally heavy periods or prolonged bleeding. Generally women goes through a stage pre menopausal, where women don’t experience blood loss severe enough to defined as menorrhagia. If you have a menstrual bleeding so heavy that you dread your period, consult your doctor.
- Soaking one or more sanitary pads
- Bleeding for longer than a week
- Passing blood clots in menstrual flow more than a day.
- Symptoms of Anemia or shortness of breath.
In the most of the women 8 out of 10 is due to the hormonal imbalance. If hormonal imbalance is occurs, the endometrial develops and eventually sheds by way of heavy menstrual bleeding.
Dysfunction Of Ovaries
If your ovaries does not provide an egg (ovulates) during the menstrual cycle, your body doesn’t produce the hormone progesterone. This leads to hormonal imbalance.
- Uterine fibroid s: It causes heavier than normal or prolonged menstrual bleeding.
- Polyps : It grows on the lining of the uterus causing the heavier and the prolonged bleeding.
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
- Pregnancy complications
- Inherited bleeding disorders
- Other medical conditions
IRON DEFICIENCY : Which is the most common type of the anemia , where your hemoglobin level become low resulting in the insufficient of iron
SERVE PAIN : with heavy menstrual bleeding some people may undergo the menstrual cramps.
- Menstrual cycles without ovulation are most common among the two groups.
- The girls who have started the menstrual cycles for the first time.
- The older women from 40 to 50 years are at high risk of hormonal imbalance.
Test & Diagnosis
- Blood test
- Pap test
- Endometrial biopsy
- Ultrasound scan
Treatments & Drugs
These should be taken under the prescription of the consultants doctor.
- IRON SUPPLEMENTS : it is given to increase the red blood cell count and the iron
- NON STEROIDAL ANTI INFLAMMATORY DRUGS (NASIDS): such as Ibuprofen and metacarpus should be taken under the guidance of the doctor.
- TRANSOCEANIC ACID : It helps to reduce the menstrual blood loss. Should be taken at the time of bleeding.
- ORAL CONTRACEPTIVES can help to regulate menstrual cycles and reduce episodes of excessive bleeding.
- ORAL PROGESTERONE it helps to reduce the menorrhagia i.e can help to reduce the imbalance of the hormones when taken for 10 or more days of each menstrual cycle.
Doing exercise , yoga , food diet , eating the iron content food can help to maintain the hormonal imbalance.
Get more information about vaginal infections from generaltreatments.xyz. Also know how to get rid of them instantly.