Diabetes is a non insulin dependent diabetes is a chronic condition that affects the way your body metabolizes sugar. In this type 2 your body resist the effect of insulin or doesn’t produce enough of insulin to maintain a normal glucose level. It is more common in adults, in children it increases the weight and causes obesity.
- Increased thirst and frequent urination
- Increased hunger
- Weight loss
- Blurred vision
- Slow healing of the sores or frequent urination
- Areas of darkened skin
- Vomiting, nausea, abdominal pain
Why it exactly happens is unknown but when pancreas stops producing enough of insulin it develops type 2 diabetes.
How Insulin Actually works?
Insulin is a hormone that comes from the gland situated behind the stomach i.e pancreas. In this case the blood sugar level increases, the insulin producing the beta cells in the pancreas produce more insulin, but eventually these cells become impaired and cant make enough of the insulin .This causes the type 2 diabetes
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Fat distribution
- Family history
- Gestational diabetes
- Poly-cystic ovary syndrome
- Heart and blood vessel disease
- Nerve damage
- Kidney damage
- Eye damage
- Foot damage
- Hearing impairment
- Alzheimer’s disease
Tests And Diagnosis
- Random blood sugar: 200mg/dl or higher is considered as the diabetes
- Fasting blood sugar: less than 100mg/dl is normal. 100mg/dl -125mg/dl is considered as the pre diabetes. More than 126mg/dl is considered.
- Oral glucose tolerance test: sugar level less then 140mg/dl . more than 200mg/dl. Reading between 140mg/dl – 199mg/dl is prediabetes.
- Glycated hemoglobin test : as results 5.7- 6.4 is prediabetes. Below 5.7 is normal
Treatments & Drugs
- Healthy eating
- Regular exercise
- Insulin therapy
- Blood sugar monitoring
- Metformin like glucophage, glumetza etc are given
- Sulfonylureas like glipizide, glyburide, glimepiride
- Dpp4 inhibtors
- Glp-1 receptor agonists
- Insulin glulisine
- Insulin lispro
- Insulin aspart
- Insulin glargine
- Insulin detemir
- Insulin isophane
- Hyperglycemia is a condition where the sugar level gets high and cause nausea, giddiness, vomtings , more urination, blurness of vision
- Hyperglycemia is a condition where the sugar level increases higher than 600mg/dl causing dryness of the mouth , more urination, confusion,hallucinations and dark urine, with high fever leading the patient to unconscious state.
- Hypoglycemia is a condition where the sugar level gets low causing the nausea, vomiting , giddiness, heart papliptaions, slurred speech, drowsiness , confusion and seizures and leading the patient to unconscious state and sometimes coma.
- Increased keystone in your urine: loss of appetite, weakness, vomtings , nausea,fever, stomach pain and fruity smelling breath.
Life Style & Home Remedies
- Eat healthy foods
- Get physical
- Loss excess pounds
Visit our home page to know more Home Remedies to get rid from all the diseases.